***LIMITED TIME ONLY*** Amazing deals on selected holiday homes, it's limited availability so don't miss out!* Ts & Cs apply.
  • < Back
Do I need a solicitor to buy a holiday lodge or static caravan?

Do I need a solicitor to buy a holiday lodge or static caravan?

Buying your own holiday lodge or static caravan is such an exciting time, but the process obviously comes with a range of questions and queries that potential purchasers will need answering.

One of the most common questions people ask when they’re thinking about owning their own holiday home is whether or not you need a solicitor. And the answer is no. You do not need a solicitor to buy a holiday lodge or a static caravan. There is no obligation to use a solicitor, but some buyers choose to for the convenience, peace of mind and protection that it provides.

Other frequently asked questions that potential holiday home owners may find useful…

Can I get a mortgage on a holiday home?

If you’re buying a second home and plan on using it as a holiday home, you should be able to get a mortgage (depending on your financial situation and eligibility). If you already have a mortgage on your main residence it may be called a second home mortgage. However, you cannot get a mortgage on a holiday home in a holiday park. This is because the land they stand on is owned by the site owner, not the residents.

Is my holiday home covered by a warranty?

Yes! For brand new holiday homes there is a minimum 12 month warranty, and for an approved used holiday home it’s 3 months.

Do I have to pay stamp duty on a holiday home?

Stamp duty doesn’t apply to caravans, mobile homes, holiday homes, park homes or lodges in England. This is because when you buy a holiday home, static caravan or similar, you’re only buying the property itself, not the land which it resides upon. You can take a look at the government’s stamp duty guidelines here.

Do I have to pay a deposit to secure my holiday home?

Yes. When you purchase a holiday lodge or static caravan from Encore Parcs you’re required to pay a deposit. This is to secure your holiday home and chosen pitch. Deposits start from as little as 10%.

Do I need to pay any additional charges after I have purchased my holiday home?

Once you’ve purchased your holiday home you’ll need to take into consideration additional costs such as utility bills, water, rates, local authority rates and insurance. You’ll also need to pay an annual pitch fee which contributes towards the running costs of your specific holiday park.

Am I allowed to bring my pet to my holiday home?

Yes – all of Encore Parcs’ holiday parks are pet friendly. Each holiday park has its own rules regarding pets which you should familiarise yourself with.